2017年3月17日星期五

How does Snoopy end up dialing at Omega Speedmaster

It is not a secret, in addition to writing on the watch of fratellowatches.com, I also like to collect watches - especially the iconic watches such as Rolex GMT Master, Audemars Piguet, Royal Oak, Rolex Datejust, of course, Omega Speedmaster professional. I have several final models of myself. Ever since I bought my first super (over 15 years ago), I was hooked on this watch best replica breitling. I do not just like this chronograph design (one of the cleanest chronographs around); I also like it to connect with the Apollo space program.

As you know, Omega has produced a lot of limited versions, based on the original Subaru professional. Some like these limited edition, some do not like. However, the fact is that some of these limited versions are quite good after a few years of market value. One of these models is the Omega Speedmaster Professional Snoopy Award. My career starts when this model (2003) launches the time, so only the lack of money to stop me from buying Subaru Steven. Since then, I have a desire, but also note that over the years they have become increasingly difficult to find, at least at a reasonable price. Recently, I decided to go despite the high price (compared to a standard Omega Speedmaster professional). I'm by telling myself that the longer I wait, the more expensive it will get, it's reasonable to buy anyway, right? You can read me here to get Subaru Snoopy effort. After showing some of my valuable new Speedmaster professional with Snoopy (turned into an astronaut), some people asked me why I wanted a cartoon character on my watch's replica breitling navitimer dial. I already know that many people have such a feeling of Subaru with Snoopy dial, also taking into account that it was originally sold to a lot of women (women seem to fall in love with Snoopy a lot).

Omega Speedmaster Snowy Dialing Angle
If you are a Subaru pilot, and you know one or two about Apollo tasks, you may already be familiar with Snoopy using NASA. In 1968, NASA chose the famous Beagle as an icon, as a "watchdog" breitling replica vs real mission. In the same year, NASA decided to use the Silver Snoopy needle as a sign of thanks to NASA employees and contractors, together with an acknowledgment letter and a signing of the Snoopy certificate. During the NASA mission, each sterling silver Snoopy tag has been flying. Cartoon cartoonist Charles M. Schulz created "Peanut" comics (with Snoopy and Charlie Brown as the theme) is a supporter of the NASA Apollo mission and agrees to let them use the Snoopy Astronaut for free, and even draws Snoopy Digital Pure Silver tag.

Silver Snoopy Award - pin
In May 1969, Apollo 10 mission flew to the moon to make the final check for the following tasks, Apollo 11, landing on the moon. Apollo 10 requires LM (Moon Module) to check the surface of the moon from nearby and "snoop" to find the Apollo 11 landing point. Therefore, Apollo 10 crew (Gene Cernan, John Young and Thomas Stafford) named LM "Snoopy". Apollo CM (command module) is nicknamed "Charlie Brown". Fast forward into 1970. During the transition, mankind has set foot on the moon, about a year later, Apollo 13 mission is intended to bring another NASA astronaut team to the moon (Lovell, Swigert and Hayes). The goal of the mission is to explore somewhere on the moon called the Fra Mauro organization. It did not get that far away because there was an explosion on the service module about 200,000 miles away from the earth.

NASA's ground control eventually presents a solution that requires astronauts to get creative with some material in their modules. After the repair, all the systems work again (more or less), the crew began their journey to the earth. This is a true quick version of the story; the whole adventure was portrayed in the 1995 film, Apollo 13, starring Tom Hanks (a fanatical Subaru wearer himself, could be a player in his role in this After the movie). Is now an important role in super. Apollo 13 units need Omega Speedmaster watches, the first time to rock the rocket to shorten the estimated length of return to Earth, and secondly, the timing of the rocket ignition to reduce the speed and improve the flight path angle into the Earth's atmosphere. This second operation is vital because any time the error can lead to the wrong entry angle, so the crew is a potential disaster. As mentioned earlier, NASA uses the Snoopy Award from NASA personnel and contractors for special contributions and outstanding efforts.

没有评论:

发表评论